Ford Honors Dürr Assembly Products at 20th Annual World Excellence Awards
Dearborn (MI), Püttlingen, May 30th, 2018 –
Dürr was recognized as a top-performing global supplier for Ford Motor Company at the 20th annual Ford World Excellence Awards. Only 88 companies were selected as finalists from thousands of Ford suppliers globally.
Dürr Assembly Products GmbH was presented with an Aligned Business Framework World Excellence Award by Ford Motor Company’s Joe Hinrichs, executive vice president and president, global operations, and Hau Thai-Tang, executive vice president, product development and purchasing.
- Primary Brand Pillars – quality, green, safe and smart
- Aligned Business Framework principles focused on quality, delivery, value and innovation
- Lincoln Luxury
- Supplier Diversity Development
The award ceremony took place on May 17 at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan.
The Dürr Group is one of the world's leading mechanical and plant engineering firms with extensive expertise in automation and digitization/Industry 4.0. Products, systems and services offered by the Group enable highly efficient manufacturing processes in different industries. Dürr supplies sectors like the automotive industry, mechanical engineering, chemical, pharmaceutical and woodworking industries. The company has 92 business locations in 31 countries. The Group generated sales of € 3.71 billion in 2017. Dürr has around 15,000 employees and operates in the market with five divisions:
- Paint and Final Assembly Systems: paint shops and final assembly systems for the automotive industry
- Application Technology: robot technologies for the automated application of paint, sealants and adhesives
- Clean Technology Systems: exhaust-air purification systems and energy efficiency technology
- Measuring and Process Systems: balancing equipment as well as assembly, testing and filling technology
- Woodworking Machinery and Systems: machinery and equipment for the woodworking industry